A modern seat for an ancient museum

Since 1572 the Dukes of Savoy set up a museum for their collections of "antiquities", becaming almost the first to order historical materials. The local finds were joined in 1824 in the "Royal Museum of Greek-Roman and Egyptian Antiquities" in the Palace of the Academy of Sciences. Starting from the 1970s, the collection of local archaeological finds was placed in the greenhouses of the Royal Gardens, and then in the Orangeries. In 1998 the connection to the underground halls of the New Channel of the Royal Palace and to the Roman Theater was designed by Gabetti and Isola with a partially underground pavilion.

The new (partially) underground pavillion

Share on:
short URL:

License