The new street Dora Grossa

In 1714 Vittorio Emanuele II of Savoy started a series of urban works, then continued by his successor Carlo Emanuele III, thanks to which Via Dora Grossa is connected to Piazza Statuto. Magnificent churches were built on its sides and the prestige of its commercial activities continued to grow.

Rabbini's map (1840) the street is opened an the final section will be transformed in porch and Statuto square

Share on:
short URL:

License