Piazza Caricamento in a postcard of 1928

In this postcard of 1928, there are the medieval features of the restored Palazzo "S. Giorgio", the statue of Rubattino, who supplied the ships for the expedition of the Mille, and the rails of the tramway (with horses), which had a terminal in the square. The arcades overlooking the square were built by the owners of the buildings in 1135 by order of the municipality to better facilitate the merchant activity of the port.

Greetings from Genova, where mostly monuments seem to count the buildings of government and business as well as the industriousness of the people around the port.

Share on:
short URL: