Giano's well

Sarzano is one of the few squares in Genoa that still has a well, perhaps because of its large underlying tanks. The well adorns the square like a monument, so much so that the elegant hexagonal canopy built in 1583 by Bartolomeo Bianco is called "Temple" in city guides. Originally located in front of San Salvatore, at the end of the nineteenth century it was moved to its current position, closer to the commercial area, where it survived the bombings and subsequent events, until today.

Piazza Sarzano around 1930

Events calendar:
Centri urbani

.

Share on:
short URL:

License