Bomb shelter

Turin was bombed only 30 hours after Italy entered the war in June 1940. Less than a week later, the Municipality decided to build a 50-seater air-raid shelter, located under the Palazzo's main courtyard. It was usable since 1942. It was recovered and reopened to the public in 2015.

One of the entrances of the bomb shelter

Share on:
short URL:

License