The Town Hall and the Market

The Town Hall faces directly onto a square, which in the medieval period was in direct contact with via Dora Grossa (today via Garibaldi) and constitutes a primary center for the ordinary activities of the city (the market in the first place), while in Piazza Castello they carried out institutional and aristocratic rites and meetings

The painting by Pietro Domenico Oliviero (1679-1755), is titled "the Market and the clock tower". In addition to the Town Hall which is in the background, the Civic Tower and the church of SS. Martyrs on via Dora Grossa.

Share on:
short URL:

License