The Town Hall connected to the king

Towards the end of 1658 the mayors of Turin approved the reconstruction project of the municipal seat, in line with the ducal program of urban expansion and renewal of the city. The objective was twofold: to have a qualified institutional headquarters and to create a new road structure that would also visually connect the Town Hall and Piazza delle Erbe with Piazza Castello and the Royal Palace.

In Giovanni Rameletti's Turin plan of 1775 the urban design is now complete. It concerns the Civic Palace, the opposite Piazza delle Erbe and the street that connects to Piazza Castello

Share on:
short URL:

License