A new site constructed until 1900

The area north of the Duomo was built from the High Middle Ages and, with continuous alterations, it remained for centuries inserted in the annexes of Palazzo Ducale and then Reale, forgetting the original Roman constructions of the theater and the walls.

On the map of 1873, on the area of the theater the dimensions of the buildings are evident, marked with the circle. A few years later, with the removal of the new Channel, the construction of Via XX Settembre will continue until Corso Regina Margherita

Events calendar:
Centri urbani

.

Share on:
short URL:

License