The Popes' room

Becoming a gallery in 1876 , the Popes' room was originally a summer house , built for the 12 Popes of the Real Congregation , established by Vittorio Amedeo II , who had the idea of the collection of the Popes' portraits , inspired to the mosaic collection in the San Paolo cathedral , situated outside the Wall of Rome. The room is composed with 265 paintings of the Popes : on the main wall , there is the portrait of the current Pope , Francesco.

Photo of the Popes' portraits

Share on:
short URL:

License