An important religious complex in medieval Genoa whose only the cloister, bell tower and various traces remain visible in the church, rebuilt in the 17th century.
A Romanesque basilica on the first place of Marian worship in Genoa, on the edge of the city of 1100 (the vineyards were 100 meters from Palazzo S.Giorgio!). The remaking of 1600 reduced the space of the medieval church in height, while on the outside the neoclassical façade conceals the ancient building, but on the north side the Middle Ages can still be savored in the cloister and bell tower with the arcosolium tomb below.
Information curated by:
Isabella Rizzitano (2019-2023)