Casino Birago di Vische

In 1847 the Marquis Birago di Vische commissioned the design for the palace to architect Ferdinand Reycend and in 1850 the Marquis asked for a raising. The project was designed by Antonelli but it was rejected. In 1854, a new project by Carlo Trocelli was approved. From 1930-1931 the building is owned by doctor Aristide Martinelli and is transformed into apartment building: some internal parts undergo a trasformation, so it gets a terrace and a new mezzanine level. During World War II, Turin is bombed from 1940 to 1945 and the building is seriously damaged.

Share on:
short URL: