A Romanesque convent complex, built outside the door with a hospice for pilgrims to the Holy Land.
A "commandery" assigned to the Knights of Jerusalem that since 1180 has offered an extraordinary summary of the Middle Ages: a three-storey loggia and a large hall on the ground floor (at that time on the beach) to host and treat the pilgrims of the Holy Land. Behind there are two overlapping churches without façade, with the upper one used only by the Knights until 1700. Today it houses the MEI (Museum of Italian emigration).
Information curated by:
Piazza della Commenda, 1, 16126 Genova GE
None yet. Improve this place!