With the nineteenth-century expansion of Borgo S. Salvario, the Park is reduced to its final dimensions. The municipality decides to reorganize the remaining green space altogether, abandoning the signs of the past (with the exception of the middle axis which is used as the entrance to the present-day Corso Marconi). in 1853 a call selects the proposals for the arrangement of the long rectangle along the river: it chooses a project, by Kettmann, simple, but complete, which contains all the elements of the large English garden. However, the works show structural and economic difficulties of the project, which is simplified and implemented only in part, north of the Castle.
To. Itinerari del centro