The first plant

The first plant of the park, built in 1954, was limited to the vast culminating hillock, on which 64 Italian pines were planted, now very well acclimatized thanks to the sunny position, and the underlying rose garden, now abandoned. In the following years the other necessary expropriations were carried out, up to the Cavoretto Cemetery and the perimeter of Strada delle Terrazze, reaching its current size in 1961, when it was completed for the Celebrations of the Centenary of the Unity of Italy. On that occasion, the cable car that connected the Park to the Millefonti Park, on the Po left bank, was opened. The cable car was decommissioned, but the arrival station is still visible.

Share on:
short URL: