The origins

The Europa Park was designed in the end of the '50s by Pietro Bertolotti, director of the Gardening service of the Municipality of Turin. The park was built in the properties, transferred to the city to make it a public park, by the Morelli di Popolo family. The realization took place on the large esplanade that should have hosted the dwelling-fortress of the marquis Carlo F. M. Ferrero d'Ormea, Minister of Vittorio Amedeo II, buried in the parish church of Cavoretto. The Marquis had the first terraces built in 1737, but the construction was never completed, since the King Carlo Emanuele III posed his veto, because he could hardly see a real fortress overlooking the city and keeping it almost under fire in case of enemy occupation.

Share on:
short URL: