From 17th century to the present day.

In 1782 the towers were covered with stone slabs according to a project by G.B. Pellegrini. At the beginning of the sixties an intervention on the sea tower allowed to remove the coatings. Today we see two towers, one next to the other, with two different aspects: one, upstream, still covered and the other, at sea, with the original appearance.

The towers to the present day. The picture highlights the difference of restoration of Porta dei Vacca.

Share on:
short URL:

License