The theatre was bought in 1912 by the Chiavella family and owned by them until 1932, when the city bought it again. The theatre was then expanded and rebuilt in concrete. In 1935 the theatre was reopened and the Chiavella family became its manager. Between 1936 and 1937 the building burnt down once again leading to its radical change: some stages and galleries had been removed, the place was rebuilt in concrete and the total capacity grew from 800 to 1200. In 1977 the theatre joined the Teatro Stabile Association in Turin.

Twentieth-century frontal face of the stage

Share on:
short URL: