The theatre in the XVII century

In 1710, prince Carignano made the theatre adjust to the trincotto, bought by his father in order to build a riding school. In 1727 the theatre was given to "Dei Cavalieri" society, who kept it until 1798. From 1747 the theatre has steadily hold opera buffa. In 1786 the theatre burnt down and it was greatly damaged. It was then rebuilt by Battista Ferrogio, who followed an alfierino scheme and was reopened in the same year becoming a place dear to its audience.

Some views of the original layout of the theatre

Share on:
short URL:

License