Astonomy in the Roman tower

In 1822, the Astronomical Observatory, then led by Giovanni Piana, was moved on one of the two Roman towers of Palazzo Madama. The observatory was until then housed in small rooms of the Academy of Sciences, but even the observatory on the Roman tower was not suitable for studies of the sky, and from 1920 was moved to Pino, where it still resides, due to the interference of now illuminated city

The observatory pop up from the profile of the Juvarra's balaustrade.

Share on:
short URL:

License