A pointless wall

Until the beginning of the 1800s the palace remained marked by its original function of door in the Roman city walls. The façade qualified the courtly space, clearly distinct from the back space, in which the Old Castle presented itself as the backdrop of the Po della Mecca, at the edge of a closed square.

In the Theatrum Sabaudiae (1682) the Palace is stuck in the gallery along the Roman walls, which separated the "King" space on the right, then polarized by the façade of Juvarra, while on the left there is the noble enlargement of the city

Share on:
short URL:

License