The main access to the city from the South, with its dock on the Bisatto channel
The tower, from the late seventeenth century, takes the place of the previous door, which was destroyed. The clock is placed as evidenced of the distribution of the rooms inside. At eight meters in height there is, in fact, a first room containing two blocks of trachyte, once used as counterweights for the clock; at twelve meters there is the ancient room for auction and joints. Finally, at a height of about twenty meters, we find the bell cell, which contains the supporting structure of the bronze bell fused in 1637.
info: 0429.600462 - 0429.3635 opening: from April 4th to October 3rd Sat and Sun: 10 - 12; 16 - 19.30 guided tours from May 14th to November 30th
Information curated by: