The town hall: excavations and public garden

The Municipality acquired the Castle and Palazzo in 1885. In the following years the traces of the history of Este in the Park were sought, with seven excavation campaigns that brought to light the traces of the defenses and buildings preceding the Carraresi. The findings were partly lost or degraded, partly recombined, and the Municipality has equipped the flat part of the Park as a traditional public garden, while it has revived a romantic garden to act as a backdrop and a backdrop towards the Mastio

Share on:
short URL:

License