The enlargment of the arms industry since XVII century

As the political ambition of the Savoy grew, more weapons factories were needed. Since the seventeenth century, the buildings of the Polveriera were expanded with new machinery and a horse-drawn grinder to not subordinate the entire operation to the discontinuous floods of Dora river. Between 1775 and 1788 the building was bought directly by the rulers and completely rebuilt.

The new project of the powder keg of 1788

Share on:
short URL:

License