The new arsenal

The Arsenal was rebuilt between 1860 and 1867, after the explosion, by Giovanni Castellazzi to manufacture the guns and the carriage. It was extended until the beginning of the Second World War. Damaged by the incendiary bombs in the course of the conflict, the arsenal gradually ceased all activities and in the following years the buildings were sold to the City of Turin.

Both during the First and the Second World War the arsenal worked at full capacity

Share on:
short URL:

License