Borgo Dora: first industrial expansion of Turin

It was the headquarter of Turin's first industrial center, thanks to the Dora river that, with its water, supplied energy for the machines. Since 1827 there was a mill for grinding wheat. During the fifteenth century the area was also known as "Region of the Ressie", sawmills. There were a "molera" and a "ressia", that is establishments used to sharpen tools and to forge swords and daggers.

The area next to Dora river in which the Arsenal was collocated

Share on:
short URL:

License