The castle as part of a defence system

Of the old building, only the two tall, sturdy cylindrical towers that mark the south façade have left. They are the remains of a late fifteenth-century fortified building still attested in the first twenty years of the following century, when the towers, all cylindrical, were four, at the corners of a four-sided structure in which were also included a "donjon" and a tower to plant square.

Formento's drawing for Theatrum Sabaudiae, 1661

Share on:
short URL:

License