During the wars

During the First World War the whole complex was transformed into a hospital for wounded and maimed and was subsequently sold to the State by Vittorio Emanuele III; hosted the School of Recruitment of the corps of the Corps of Turin. Since 1943 it was first occupied by the Nazi-fascists, then by the partisans, then used for a few years to accommodate displaced people.

The castle as a hospital

Share on:
short URL:

License